Lakewood Sport Leagues, participating in a team sport is great way to stay in shape and connect with friends on a regular basis. Volitude Sports is proud to offer organized co-ed sport leagues for adults including, flag football, beach soccer, field soccer, beach volleyball, basketball, indoor volleyball, kickball, dodgeball, ultimate frisbee, softball, and futsal nearby Lakewood in the Belmont Shore area of Long Beach. View all of our Lakewood sport leagues below!
Lakewood is a city in Los Angeles County, California, United States. The population was 80,048 at the 2010 census. It is bordered by Long Beach on the west and south, Bellflower on the north, Cerritos on the northeast, Cypress on the east, and Hawaiian Gardens on the southeast. Major thoroughfares include Lakewood (SR 19), Bellflower, and Del Amo Boulevards and Carson and South Streets. The San Gabriel River Freeway (I-605) runs through the city’s eastern regions. Lakewood Sport Leagues.
Lakewood’s incorporation in 1954 began a daring experiment in community building that began with the commitments which Lakewood residents made and the foresight of Lakewood’s original developers. Lakewood’s incorporation also began a new era for local governments in California and throughout the nation. The reason was Lakewood’s innovative “contract plan” for municipal services Lakewood sport leagues. Lakewood’s place in the development of suburban Southern California and the dramatic changes that followed incorporation are told on the following pages and in a collection of historical photographs, videos, and documents that linked on the left. The incorporation of Lakewood in 1954 offered reassuring signs that the dignity of an ordinary life was possible with the help of like-minded neighbors if those neighbors were able to work together despite their cultural and ethnic differences. Lakewood Sport Leagues.
Residents and city officials today know that Lakewood’s future is open ended. While certain aspects of the community are not likely to change, other aspects of Lakewood are destined for reinterpretation and reinvention. The tomorrow of “tomorrow’s city” remains a collaborative effort that joins a culturally and ethnically diverse community of residents and their elected leaders in a process that blends shared values and new inspiration to create a successful future for themselves, their families, and Lakewood. Lakewood Sport Leagues.
Lakewood is the home of the first Denny’s Restaurant. In 1953 Harold Butler founded Danny’s Donuts, which was renamed Denny’s Restaurant in 1959. The Lakewood Center shopping mall is located in Lakewood. It opened in 1951. Lakewood Sport Leagues.
In the early 1990s, a coalition of Lakewood residents formed the Lakewood Unified School District Organizing Committee, which sought to establish a separate Lakewood school district. The organizing committee became the Lakewood Education Foundation, which raises funds to assist classroom teachers.
Lakewood is served by four school districts.
Long Beach Unified School District schools located in Lakewood include: Lakewood Sport Leagues
- Cleveland Elementary School
- Gompers School
- Holmes Elementary School
- MacArthur Elementary School
- Madison Elementary School
- Riley Elementary School
- Hoover Middle School
- Lakewood High School
Bellflower Unified School District schools located in Lakewood include: Lakewood Sport Leagues
- Craig Williams Elementary School
- Esther Lindstrom Elementary School
- Stephen Foster Elementary School
- Intensive Learning Center
- Mayfair High School
ABC Unified School District schools located in Lakewood include: Lakewood Sport Leagues
- Aloha Elementary School
- Melbourne Elementary School
- Palms Elementary School
- Willow Elementary School
- Artesia High School
5v5 Coed Beach Soccer League in Belmont Shore – Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced Divisions with Set Teams
Beach Soccer League Games 9am-1pm Sunday Mornings in Long Beach – Belmont Shore (Granada Beach)
Long Beach CA is home to the largest Adult Coed Sand Soccer League in the country!
Southern California 5v5 Adult Coed Long Beach year-round Sand Soccer League. 24 Teams and over 250 Beach Soccer participants in Long Beach, CA. Spring, Summer, and Fall Sport Leagues in Long Beach, CA. Huntington Beach Sport Leagues.
We play 5v5 (3 male & 2 female) Coed Soccer On The Sand. 4 Separate Divisions to make play fair & FUN for All Skill Levels of Players!
- Games are played Sunday Morning/Afternoons (9:00am-1:00pm) in Belmont Shore
- 5v5 Casual Coed Play for All Levels (3 male & 2 female on the field)
- Individual Players, Small Groups, and Teams (min 8/Team) Welcome!
- 8 Weeks of League Games Including Playoffs
- 4 Separate Divisions – Social (beginner), Premier 1 & 2 (intermediate) & Elite (advanced)
- Team Dri-Fit Shirts & All Referee Fees Included
- Stats for Goal Leaders and Golden Boot Awards in each division
- Side contests, Prizes, Givaways, and Sponsor Bar Discounts
- New Friends, and Much More!
Long Beach / Lakewood Sport Leagues. Beach Soccer Teams play every Sunday Morning between 9:00am-1:00pm on the sand @ Granada Ave & Ocean Blvd in Belmont Shore. Captains play FREE in VOLITUDE Beach Soccer. Recruit a team of at least 8 players and we’ve got you covered! With 24 Teams already on board, and multiple divisions, our commitment is to being organized and open-minded for you, and growing on a seasonal basis!
4v4 Coed Beach Volleyball League in Belmont Shore – Intermediate & Beginner Divisions with Set Teams
Beach Volleyball League Games 9am-1pm Saturday Mornings in Long Beach – Belmont Shore (Granada Beach)
- Advanced Coaching Sessions available for schedule on weekends and weeknights
- 7 Weeks of (2) 1 Hour Matches (Double Headers) including Playoffs
- 2 Divisions for All Skill Levels – Beginner, Beg-intermediate, Intermediate, Intermediate-adv
- Games are played Saturday Mornings (9am- 1pm) on the sand in Belmont Shore
- 4v4 Adult Coed (3-4 players on the court at a time – at least 1 female player)
- Sign up as an Individual Player, Small Group, or a Team (min 6 players/team)
- League Dri-Fit Shirt & Sponsor Bar Discounts Included
- Side contests, Prizes, Giveaways, New Friends, and More!
Long Beach/ Lakewood Sport Leagues. Southern California 4v4 Adult Coed Long Beach year-round Beach Volleyball League. 22 Teams and over 150 Beach Volleyball participants in Long Beach, CA. Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter Sport Leagues in Long Beach, CA. Adult Coed Leagues in Long Beach.
Year-Round Adult Coed Beach FLAG Football Seasons nearby Lakewood in Long Beach CA!
FLAG FOOTBALL LEAGUE LONG BEACH ~ 2 LEAGUES, 2 SEPARATE DAYS – JOIN 1, OR PLAY BOTH ~ SATURDAY League Games between 2:00pm-5:00pm ~ SUNDAY League Games Between 10:00am-2:00pm ~
Long Beach/ Lakewood Sport Leagues Registration includes everything including referee fees: New Players receive 20% OFF registration when using the NEWMEMBER discount code during sign ups! 8v8 Adult Coed FLAG Beach Football – (5 male & 3 female players on the field). We welcome all Individual Players (Free Agents) and Small Groups of Friends! OPEN TO ALL SKILL LEVELS – NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!
- 8v8 Adult Coed FLAG Beach Football – (5 male & 3 female players on the field)
- Welcome New Teams, Groups of Friends, and Individuals (Free Agents)!
- Captains play FREE when you recruit at least 12 players for a team
– 8 Weeks of League Games Including Playoffs
– Stats for Touchdown, INT, Sack Leaders, QB’s, MVP Awards, and more!
– 2 Divisions with 12+ Teams (Social- Beg/Int, Premier- Int/Adv)
– Team Dri-Fit Shirts & All Referee Fees Included
Volitude Sports Basketball League games currently take place at American Sports Center in Anaheim, CA. Play is 5v5 Coed Full Court with a minimum of 1 female player on the court at a time to keep games fair and fun for everyone!
Volitude 5v5 Adult Coed Full Court Basketball League – American Sports Center – 1500 S Anaheim Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92805
Spring, Fall, and Winter Leagues Thursday Nights 6:30pm | 7:15pm | 8:00pm | 8:45pm | 9:30pm | 10:15pm
- 7 Weeks of Games including a Playoff Week
- Games are played Thursday Evenings (6:30pm- 10:30pm) at the American Sports Center in Anaheim
- 5v5 Adult Coed (at least 1 female player on the court at all times)
- Sign up a Team (min 7 players/team), with a Group of Friends, or as an Individual (Free Agent)
- 2 Divisions – Social & Premier to Accommodate Different Skill Levels
- Reversible Jerseys for returning Top Placing Teams
- Registration Fee: $70 per player before May 1st
- Two Certified Referees on Court – Team Referee Fee $25 per game
- Adult Basketball League Anaheim CA
Indoor Volleyball League: Adult Coed 6v6 Indoor Volleyball League – American Sports Center – 1500 S Anaheim Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92805
Weeknight Indoor Volleyball League Games on Wednesday Nights – 6:30pm | 7:15pm | 8:00pm | 9:00pm | 9:45pm
- 7 Weeks of Games including a Playoff Week!
- Games are played Wednesday Evenings (6:30pm- 10:30pm in Anaheim)
- 6v6 Adult Coed (at least 2 female players on the court at all times)
- Sign up a Team (min 8 players/team), with a Group of Friends, or as an Individual (Free Agent)
- Intermediate Skill Level Players – FUN Social Coed League!
- Team DRI-FIT Shirts for All Players
- Team Referee Fee $10 per week
- Registration Fee: $65 per player
Other Lakewood Sports League Links:
We have sports leagues and teams in the following areas:
Long Beach, Downey, Anaheim, Signal Hill, Seal Beach, Sunset Beach, Lakewood, Huntington Beach, Garden Grove, Westminster, Tustin, Orange, Stanton, Buena Park, Fountain Valley, Carson, San Pedro, Rancho Palos Verdes, Torrance, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Cerritos, Cypress, Whittier, Los Alamitos, Fullerton, Brea, Yorba Linda, Placentia, La Habra, La Mirada, Santa Ana, Costa Mesa, Irvine, and other areas in Southern California!