Hermosa Beach Sport Leagues, participating in a team sport is great way to stay in shape and connect with friends on a regular basis. Volitude Sports is proud to offer organized co-ed sport leagues for adults including flag football, beach soccer, field soccer, beach volleyball, dodgeball, basketball, indoor volleyball, ultimate frisbee, kickball, softball and futsal in Hermosa Beach. View all of our Hermosa Beach sport leagues below!
Sports league management software powered by LeagueApps.
Hermosa Beach is a beachfront city in Los Angeles County, California, United States. Its population was 19,506 at the 2010 U.S. Census. The city is located in the South Bay region of the Greater Los Angeles area; it is one of the three Beach Cities. Hermosa Beach is bordered by the other two, Manhattan Beach to the north and Redondo Beach to the south and east. Hermosa Beach sport leagues.
The city’s beach is popular for sunbathing, beach volleyball, surfing, paddleboarding, bars, cycling and running. A paved path, called The Strand, runs along Hermosa’s beach from Torrance Beach in the south approximately twenty miles north to Santa Monica. The Hermosa Beach Pier is at the end of Pier Avenue, which is one of the beach community’s main shopping, eating and partying areas. Hermosa Beach sport leagues.
The first official survey was made in the year 1901 for the board walk on the Strand, Hermosa Avenue and Santa Fe Avenue; work on these projects commenced soon after. The boardwalk on the Strand was constructed of planks. The walk extended the entire length of the two-mile Strand. High tides sometimes washed away portions of this walkway. In 1914 part of it was replaced with cement. The remaining two thousand feet on the north end was finally completed with cement in 1926. In 1904 the first pier was built. It was constructed entirely of wood even to the pilings and it extended five hundred feet out into the ocean. The pier was constructed by the Hermosa Beach Land and Water Company. In 1913 this old pier was partly washed away and later torn down and a new one built to replace it Hermosa Beach sport leagues.
Arts and Culture:
- Fiesta Hermosa: Arts and crafts festival which has taken place for the last 35 years every Memorial Day and Labor Day weekend
- Hermosa Ironman: Unofficial triathlon every July 4, consisting of running a mile in the sand, paddling a mile on a surfboard, and downing a 6-pack of beer. “First to finish without puking wins!”
- AVP Hermosa Beach Open: Started in 1969 and typically in June. Attracts combinations of pros and near pros. Free event open to everyone.
- ShockBoxx Art Gallery: Located at 6th & Cypress in the arts district. Showcasing domestic and international artists with avant-garde style themes. Free and open to the public. Check the website for show dates.
- Hermosa Beach Film Festival: Started in 2005 and typically in August. Short films from each year are chosen to be screened at the Hermosa Beach Playhouse
- International Surf Festival: Surfing, paddleboarding, pier to pier swim events. Beginning of August
- Hennessey’s Paddle Board Festival: U.S. Paddleboard Championships. Typically in July. Hermosa Beach sport leagues.
- Hermosa Beach Sunset Concert free concert series from bands who perform on the beach. Starts July 31 – August 21 (4 weeks)
- Farmers’ Market Every Friday from 12 noon to 4 pm, rain or shine. (Valley Drive between 8th and 10th Streets) Also, every Wednesday from 1pm to 6pm in the Pier Plaza (by the pier)
- Sand and Strand Run The second oldest standing run in the L.A. area. Unique is its course design, with 45% of the run on the Strand and 55% on the beach. February during low tide.
- Shakespeare by the Sea: the South Bay’s free Shakespeare in the Park company. Performances run June through August in a variety of venues in Los Angeles and Orange County.
- The Lighthouse Cafe, a seminal West Coast jazz venue, is located in Hermosa Beach.
- The Hermosa Beach Community Drum Circle occurs every third Sunday of the month from noon to 3 pm at Hermosa Pier.
- The Comedy and Magic Club where comedian Jay Leno has been performing since 1978.
- Hermosa has a rich history in Punk Rock music, with many notable bands including Black Flag, Red Kross, The Descendents, Pennywise, OFF! and Circle Jerks having all lived or rehearsed in town over the years.
Parks and Recreation:
The wide flat beach makes Hermosa Beach one of the most popular places to play beach volleyball, from professional to amateur. Hermosa Beach is home to the AVP Hermosa Beach Open tournament, and several amateur CBVA tournaments during the year. The Strand stretches north to Santa Monica and south to Redondo Beach, and is a popular place for walkers, joggers and biking. Of the three Beach Cities, only Hermosa Beach owns its own beach. The other two cities’ beaches are owned by the county of Los Angeles. Hermosa Beach sport leagues.
Running parallel to The Strand is a lovely linear trail known today as the Hermosa Valley Greenbelt. Once part of a railroad easement, this narrow 24-acre (97,000 m2) strip had long been the subject of heated controversy and pressure from various commercial interests. After years of litigation and wrangling, the city was poised to permit intensive retail and condominium development in the mid-1980s when a grassroots group spearheaded by activist Rosamond Fogg forced the matter to a vote. The City Council at the time was divided over whether the matter was of much importance but after an energetic and passionate campaign, the citizens found that the greenbelt was a vital recreational resource and mandated its preservation for the use and enjoyment of residents and visitors. This ballot initiative passed by almost 87%, the highest in California history. On the same Ballot, the public approved a referendum added a utility user’s tax by 2% to help pay for the purchase, to be sunset after the property was acquired. As a result, the Hermosa Valley Greenbelt has the quality of a rural country lane, home to the monarch butterfly and many bird and animal species. At any time of day or night joggers and walkers enjoy its soft woodchip trails and graceful landscaping. The Greenbelt is also now part of the federal rails to trails network. RUDAT (an urban architectural planning group) found that Hermosa Beach, thanks in large part to the existence of the Greenbelt, was a “world class pedestrian city”. Hermosa Beach sport leagues.
The city also has eight other parks:
- Cypress Park, also known as Clark Field (9th Street & Ardmore Avenue) – Baseball/softball diamond, basketball and tennis courts
- South Park (Valley Drive & 4th Street) (removed) – Children’s accessible & natural playground, rink, large open field for free play and picnics
- Bi-Centennial Park (4th Street & Ardmore)
- Fort Lots-o-Fun (6th Street & Prospect)
- Noble Park (The Strand & 14th Street)
- Edith Rodaway Friendship Park (Prospect Avenue between Gentry & Hollowell)
- Valley Park (Valley Drive & Gould Avenue)
- Kay Etow Park (Herondo Street and Monterey Boulevard)
- Skateboard Park – Pier Avenue and Ardmore Avenue
- Basketball (Cypress Park) – Two outdoor courts on 9th and Valley Drive. Hermosa Beach sport leagues.
- Baseball/Softball (Cypress Park)- Lighted field with lights on 9th and Valley Drive behind the basketball and tennis courts
- Tennis – Lighted courts on 10th and Valley / Ardmore
- Skateboarding Park – Lighted park behind the Hermosa Beach Playhouse
- Lawn Bowling Club is located next to Clark Building at 861 Valley Drive, Hermosa Beach. Open to the public and they furnish equipment and instruction to beginners. The club was founded in 1936, when Mayor John Clark obtained the approval of the City Council to install a green at his own expense. In 1958, a clubhouse was donated and in 1963 a second green was laid. In the 1960s, over 150 bowlers could be seen all dressed in white. When membership waned, the second green was lost to the basketball court. The club is informal and seeks new members. Hermosa Beach sport leagues.
5v5 Coed Beach Soccer League in Belmont Shore – Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced Divisions with Set Teams
Beach Soccer League Games 9am-1pm Sunday Mornings in Long Beach – Belmont Shore (Granada Beach)
Long Beach CA is home to the largest Adult Coed Sand Soccer League in the country!
Southern California 5v5 Adult Coed Long Beach year-round Sand Soccer League. 24 Teams and over 250 Beach Soccer participants in Long Beach, CA. Spring, Summer, and Fall Sport Leagues in Long Beach, CA. Hermosa Beach Sport Leagues.
We play 5v5 (3 male & 2 female) Coed Soccer On The Sand. 4 Separate Divisions to make play fair & FUN for All Skill Levels of Players!
- Games are played Sunday Morning/Afternoons (9:00am-1:00pm) in Belmont Shore
- 5v5 Casual Coed Play for All Levels (3 male & 2 female on the field)
- Individual Players, Small Groups, and Teams (min 8/Team) Welcome!
- 8 Weeks of League Games Including Playoffs
- 4 Separate Divisions – Social (beginner), Premier 1 & 2 (intermediate) & Elite (advanced)
- Team Dri-Fit Shirts & All Referee Fees Included
- Stats for Goal Leaders and Golden Boot Awards in each division
- Side contests, Prizes, Givaways, and Sponsor Bar Discounts
- New Friends, and Much More!
Long Beach / Hermosa Beach Sport Leagues. Beach Soccer Teams play every Sunday Morning between 9:00am-1:00pm on the sand @ Granada Ave & Ocean Blvd in Belmont Shore. Captains play FREE in VOLITUDE Beach Soccer. Recruit a team of at least 8 players and we’ve got you covered! With 24 Teams already on board, and multiple divisions, our commitment is to being organized and open-minded for you, and growing on a seasonal basis!
Register for Upcoming Sport Leagues
Upcoming Beach Soccer League near Hermosa Beach CA
4v4 Coed Beach Volleyball League in Belmont Shore – Intermediate & Beginner Divisions with Set Teams
Beach Volleyball League Games 9am-1pm Saturday Mornings in Long Beach – Belmont Shore (Granada Beach)
- Advanced Coaching Sessions available for schedule on weekends and weeknights
- 7 Weeks of (2) 1 Hour Matches (Double Headers) including Playoffs
- 2 Divisions for All Skill Levels – Beginner, Beg-intermediate, Intermediate, Intermediate-adv
- Games are played Saturday Mornings (9am- 1pm) on the sand in Belmont Shore
- 4v4 Adult Coed (3-4 players on the court at a time – at least 1 female player)
- Sign up as an Individual Player, Small Group, or a Team (min 6 players/team)
- League Dri-Fit Shirt & Sponsor Bar Discounts Included
- Side contests, Prizes, Giveaways, New Friends, and More!
Long Beach/ Hermosa Beach Sport Leagues. Southern California 4v4 Adult Coed Long Beach year-round Beach Volleyball League. 22 Teams and over 150 Beach Volleyball participants in Long Beach, CA. Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter Sport Leagues in Long Beach, CA. Adult Coed Leagues in Long Beach.
Register for Upcoming Sport Leagues
Upcoming Beach Volleyball League near Hermosa Beach CA
Year-Round Adult Coed Beach FLAG Football Seasons nearby Hermosa Beach in Long Beach CA!
FLAG FOOTBALL LEAGUE LONG BEACH ~ 2 LEAGUES, 2 SEPARATE DAYS – JOIN 1, OR PLAY BOTH ~ SATURDAY League Games between 2:00pm-5:00pm ~ SUNDAY League Games Between 10:00am-2:00pm ~
Long Beach/ Hermosa Beach Sport Leagues Registration includes everything including referee fees: New Players receive 20% OFF registration when using the NEWMEMBER discount code during sign ups! 8v8 Adult Coed FLAG Beach Football – (5 male & 3 female players on the field). We welcome all Individual Players (Free Agents) and Small Groups of Friends! OPEN TO ALL SKILL LEVELS – NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!
- 8v8 Adult Coed FLAG Beach Football – (5 male & 3 female players on the field)
- Welcome New Teams, Groups of Friends, and Individuals (Free Agents)!
- Captains play FREE when you recruit at least 12 players for a team
– 8 Weeks of League Games Including Playoffs
– Stats for Touchdown, INT, Sack Leaders, QB’s, MVP Awards, and more!
– 2 Divisions with 12+ Teams (Social- Beg/Int, Premier- Int/Adv)
– Team Dri-Fit Shirts & All Referee Fees Included
Register for Upcoming Sport Leagues
Upcoming Flag Football League near Hermosa Beach CA
Other Hermosa Beach Sports League Links:
Flag Football League Hermosa Beach
Beach Soccer League Hermosa Beach
Beach Volleyball League Hermosa Beach
Basketball League Hermosa Beach
Indoor Volleyball League Hermosa Beach
Ultimate Frisbee League Hermosa Beach
We have sports leagues and teams in the following areas:
Long Beach, Downey, Anaheim, Signal Hill, Seal Beach, Sunset Beach, Lakewood, Huntington Beach, Garden Grove, Westminster, Tustin, Orange, Stanton, Buena Park, Fountain Valley, Carson, San Pedro, Rancho Palos Verdes, Torrance, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Cerritos, Cypress, Whittier, Los Alamitos, Fullerton, Brea, Yorba Linda, Placentia, La Habra, La Mirada, Santa Ana, Costa Mesa, Irvine, and other areas in Southern California!